- Large-scale fiscal and monetary stimulus is being deployed by countries around the world as governments confront the extent of the economic impact of the coronavirus.
- Oil markets were thrown into disarray after failed talks between Russia and Saudi Arabia resulted in a price war that threatens US shale oil producers.
- The Australian government has announced a raft of stimulus measures, including support for businesses to keep workers on the payroll.
- In the US, various therapeutic agents are working on active trials of a vaccine, but these will likely take many more months to be made available.
- As the UK announced its own support measures, Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to intensive care after contracting the virus.
If you have any questions regarding this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact me directly on 0438 334 334